Trucks and Buses





What you need to get this licence

  • Have held a class C licence, (except a learner licence) or equivalent for one year or more.
  • Pass a knowledge test (see this section on Knowledge tests).
  • Pass an eyesight test.
  • Either pass a Roads and Maritime driving test or undertake HVCBA

NSW Bus Driver Authority

In New South Wales a driver of a public passenger vehicle must hold a NSW “Driver Authority for drivers of public passenger”. Transport for NSW has approved a Bus Driver Authority course jointly developed by BusNSW, the Association representing New South Wales bus operators, and Into Training Australia.

To obtain an Authority to drive buses, an applicant must meet the required criteria:

  • Be at least twenty [20] years of age
  • Hold an unrestricted/unconditional driver licence issued in NSW
  • Have held an unrestricted Australian driver licencefor a total of at least twelve [12] months in the two [2] years immediately preceding the date of the application
  • Have passed an examination or assessment, at a level determined by the Director-General, in medical fitness

Satisfy that he or she:

  • May lawfully work in Australia
  • Have knowledge of the Act and Regulations relating to the operation of a bus (copies of the Act & Regulations are available on the Internet)
  • Is of good repute and in all other respects a fit and proper person to be the driver of the vehicle concerned (RMS will check to see whether an applicant has a criminal record)
  • Has sufficient responsibility to drive the vehicle concerned in accordance with law and custom

Once an applicant has determined that they meet the criteria, they must lodge the following with Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) or Roads and Maritime Services (RMS):

  • Driver Authority Application Form (completed and signed)
  • Medical Assessment Form (completed) – this will involve a medical examination and, if a further medical referral is required, a completed Medical Specialist Assessment Report Form
  • Photocopy of the applicant’s driving licence
  • Two [2] recent colour photographs (65mm x 65mm) that comply with the requirements indicated on the Driver Authority Application Form
  • Non-refundable cheque or money order payable to RMS
  • Evidence of the successful completion of a Bus Driver Authority training course
  • Birth Certificate, Passport or Citizenship Certificate


Back to: Trucks and Buses

Europe Driving School Sydney - Learn to Drive with us Today!

Europe Driving School provides expert driving lessons and teaches people young and old Sydney Wide not only how to drive, but how to drive properly, safely and according to NSW State Licencing Standards! Our Driving instructors are courteous, professional and seek to pass their expertise to you each lesson!

Sydney Wide Driving Lessons in either Automatic or Manual

Europe Driving School Sydney conducts driving lessons in either Automatic or Manual Vehicles all over Sydney's Metropolitan Area and Surrounding Suburbs, including:

  • Driving Lessons Sydney CBD
  • Driving Lessons Sydney's West
  • Driving Lessons Sydney's South
  • Driving Lessons Sydney's North

Book your Car Lesson or Truck Session Online Now!

Notice: Truck Eftpos Payment must be submitted at least 48 Hours before your session begins, same goes for car lessons but we also accept cash on the spot for car lessons.

Commbank Toni Bozajkoski BSB 062334 Acct 1009 5185
St George Toni Bozajkoski BSB 112879 Acct 4486 94303